Pets for Life: A Look at the Relationship Between People and Their Companion Animals is the fourth in a series of study/activity guides for teenagers published by the National Association for Humane and Environmental Education (NAHEE), youth education division of The Humane Society of the United States. Pets for Life helps young people learn about our relationship with dogs, cats, horses, small animals, fish, and birds and the issues affecting their welfare.
The 45-page guide
* Gives an overview of people’s relationship with pets, from the history of domestication to recent statistics on pet ownership trends
* Examines the important role animal shelters play in helping pets
* Discusses legal issues surrounding companion animals
* Offers simple, effective ideas for how young people can help pets in their communities
* Includes critical-thinking questions and activities throughout