Displaying 1 - 13 of 13 resources in Slaughterhouses:
1. Buyer Beware! The Lowdown on 'Humane' Meat and Eggs
So it's not just our farming practices that need to change, but our Conehead eating habits. It seems ridiculously obvious to point out that animals ...
2. Episcopal Network for Animal Welfare (ENAW)
The Mission of the Episcopal Network for Animal Welfare is to create an inclusive and mutually-supportive venue for Episcopal animal advocates with a variety of ...
3. FARM (Farm Animal Reform Movement)
Bethesda, MD, USA
non-profit grass-roots organization promoting humane treatment of farm animals and a plant-based diet. ...
4. Horse Meat In Human Food Chain Causes Health Concerns
By one estimate, 160,000 American horses shared this fate last year, ending up in the human food chain. ...
5. Horse shooting highlights slaughter debate
He strokes his nose and neck, swears at animal activitists, and then shoots it in the head. ...
6. Maple Farm Sanctuary
Mendon, MA, USA
Maple Farm Sanctuary is a safe and loving refuge for farmed animals given a second chance at life.
Located on a 121 acre farm in Mendon, ...
7. Mercy For Animals
Columbus, OH, USA
Mercy For Animals (MFA) believes that non-human animals are irreplaceable individuals who have morally significant interests and hence rights, including the right to live and ...
8. More Canadians willing to try horse meat in wake of scandal
Japan is the biggest importer of Alberta's horse meat, followed by France and Switzerland, she said. Canada exported about 13,500 metric tonnes of horse meat ...
9. Okla. governor signs horse slaughter legislation
Oklahoma's 50-year-old ban on horse slaughtering was lifted Friday when the governor signed a new law that will allow facilities to process and export horse ...
10. The SummerWinds Stables Rescue Farm
Hartly, DE, USA
The SummerWinds Stables maintains an equine sanctuary and refuge for abused, neglected, and elderly, retired race horses in need of a permanent home. At present, ...
11. We Raise All Our Beef Humanely On Open Pasture And Then We Hang Them Upside Down And Slash Their Throats [The Onion - satire]
Our independently owned family farm is committed to one guiding principle: making sure that you, the customer, receive the best-tasting, highest quality beef from cows ...
12. Who Protects Farm Animals? [GreenIsTheNewRed.com]
Congress is considering modest legislation that would set standards for egg laying hens, and standards for labeling eggs. That might seem like a no-brainer to ...
13. Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary (WFAS)
Woodstock, NY, USA
Located in the famous town of Woodstock, New York, Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary provides shelter and care to rescued farm animals, offers farm tours and ...