Displaying 21 - 40 of 49 resources in Proposed Legislation:
21. Gateway to Hell
Gateway to Hell is an international volunteer campaign that aims to bring to the worlds attention that there are thousands of primates shipped all accross ...
22. Horse Meat In Human Food Chain Causes Health Concerns
By one estimate, 160,000 American horses shared this fate last year, ending up in the human food chain. ...
23. Indiana Bill Would Make It Illegal to Expose Factory Farms, Clearcutting and Fracking [GreenIsTheNewRed.com]
Indiana lawmakers are considering a bill that would make it illegal to photograph or videotape things like factory farming, clear-cutting forests, mining, and fracking.
You read ...
24. Industry Tries to Hide “Ag-Gag” Efforts, Turns Away Journalists From #AAA13 Conference [GreenIsTheNewRed.com]
The agriculture industry is holding a conference right now about “ag-gag” laws, which criminalize anyone who exposes animal welfare abuses on factory farms and slaughterhouses. ...
25. International Society for Animal Rights (ISAR)
Clarks Summit, PA, USA
Nonprofit organization whose main purpose is to promote the rights of animals through education and law. ...
26. International Society for Animal Rights Seeks Volunteers - International Society for Animal Rights (ISAR)
Category: Jobs and Volunteering
27. Kinship Circle
St. Louis, MO, USA
Kinship Circle is a 501c3 nonprofit organization serving the animal advocacy community. We empower people to communicate (speak,write, present) influentially to lawmakers, businesses, media and ...
Category: Actions You Can Take
28. Lawmaker seeks ban on awarding live animals as carnival prizes
Saying it's cruel to send a live goldfish, rabbit or turtle home as a carnival prize, a state lawmaker is out to ban the practice ...
29. Legalizing Animal Abuse? HSUS CEO Wayne Pacelle and Will Potter Discuss Ag-Gag Laws [GreenIsTheNewRed.com]
Al Jazeera had an excellent program about “ag-gag” legislation recently. Inside Story, hosted by Shihab Rattansi, discussed the new laws with me and Wayne Pacelle, ...
30. Lehigh Valley Animal Rights Coalition
Allentown, PA, USA
LVARK is an all volunteer, grass roots organization formed in 1982 and currently serves hundreds of members throughout the Lehigh Valley as a registered 501C3 ...
31. Letter: 'Ag-gag' bills pose a consumer threat
Thirty newspapers and 60 national animal protection, workers' rights, civil liberties, public health, food safety and environmental conservation organizations have recently gone on record strongly ...
32. Let’s Make Tennessee’s Veto the Beginning of the End for #AgGag [GreenIsTheNewRed.com]
Tennesaclu-ag-gagsee Governor Bill Haslam has vetoed a bill that would punish whistleblowers who expose animal welfare, environmental, and workers’ rights abuses on factory farms and ...
33. Military is required to justify using animals in medic training after pressure from activists
The demand, tucked into the National Defense Authorization Act of 2013, marks the first time Congress has ordered the Pentagon to provide a detailed plan ...
34. New Laws Would Make Environmental Protest “Terrorism” [GreenIsTheNewRed.com]
There’s a vibrant national protest movement reviving “direct action” tactics of civil disobedience. And groups like Cascadia Forest Defenders have been so effective that now ...
35. No Rodeo (Australia)
Smithfield Plains, Australia
No Rodeo has been lobbying the government since October 2004 to seek total prohibition of this cruel blood sport in South Australia. Much of No ...
36. Nova Scotia to get tough on animal abusers
Under new legislation, Nova Scotia would become the first province to make it illegal for people to sell dogs that have not been certified by ...
37. Okla. governor signs horse slaughter legislation
Oklahoma's 50-year-old ban on horse slaughtering was lifted Friday when the governor signed a new law that will allow facilities to process and export horse ...
38. Party for the Animals (Partij voor de Dieren)
We are a Dutch political party whose highest priority is animal welfare and the respectful treatment of animals. In the Netherlands, we are represented in ...
39. Pit bull owners left in limbo over liability
Most lawmakers believe it's unworkable to set a rule that applies uniquely to pit bulls, as the court did. ...
40. Putting Abusers Before Animals Is Business as Usual at the HSUS
A pending bill before the Michigan state legislature would require people convicted of these types of crimes to register with the state. The Animal Abuse ...
Displaying 21 - 40 of 49
| Next Page