Displaying 1 - 13 of 13 resources in Human Health:
1. CHINESE BEAR BILE FARMING DRAWS CHARGES OF CRUELTY
Guizhentang's proposal to triple the company's stock of captive bears, to 1,200 from 400, provoked a firestorm from those opposed to bear bile farming, a ...
2. Dead animals in Chinese rivers raise alarm
Officials from the local government said they suspected the ducks had originated from a farm in another area that had recently experienced a disease outbreak. ...
3. Flu infections rising among Chinese pigs: study
Pigs are an important source of new human strains of influenza A, such as the 2009-10 H1N1 pandemic that emerged in Mexico and infected an ...
4. Food poisonings up from raw milk, poultry bacteria
Health officials are seeing more food poisonings caused by a bacteria commonly linked to raw milk and poultry. ...
5. Gateway to Hell
Gateway to Hell is an international volunteer campaign that aims to bring to the worlds attention that there are thousands of primates shipped all accross ...
6. Lethal new bird flu passes more easily from birds to humans: WHO
A new strain of bird flu that emerged in China over the past month is one of the "most lethal" flu viruses so far, worrying ...
Washington, DC, USA
Now you can start putting nutrition to work for better health. NutritionMD is here to help. This Web site provides information for both health care ...
Category: General Information
8. Overcrowding on farms behind mystery of China's floating pigs
But a deeper look suggests that an unsustainable level of overcrowding -- a key factor in the spread of disease and death rates -- was ...
9. PCRM Career Opportunities - Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Category: Jobs and Volunteering
10. Sausages, bacon tied to early deaths?
The EPIC (European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition) study involving 10 countries and 23 centres in Europe and almost half a million people has ...
11. Superbug risk from farming medicines: Healthy animals 'shouldn't be given antibiotics'
Last year, Cambridge scientists found a superbug version of MRSA in milk that had also been found in pigs, and it is thought the use ...
12. The Second Annual Conscious Eating Conference [United Poulty Concerns] (04/06/2013 - //)
Berkeley, CA, USA
The Second Annual Conscious Eating Conference will inform attendees about the true nature of sustainable food choices. There's a growing awareness of food and its ...
13. Want a healthy brain? Go vegan, doc says
Being a vegan isn't really that hard. If you compare it with quitting smoking, smoking is a 6 or 7. Being vegan is a 2. ...