Displaying 1 - 20 of 57 resources in Proposed Legislation:
1. Abolishing the Status of Animals as Property
ASAP Nova Scotia is an all-volunteer, non-profit animal rights organization, based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. ASAP is committed to challenging the view that non-human animals ...
2. Animal Legal Defense Fund
Cotati, CA, USA
For more than a quarter-century, the Animal Legal Defense Fund has been fighting to protect the lives and advance the interests of animals through the ...
3. Animal rights advocates chafe at abuse measure
The measure, House Bill 1125, strips the authority of animal control officers to order when livestock can be seized if they are not properly cared ...
4. AntiFur Society
Greensboro, NC, USA
We are a group dedicated to the dissemination of the horrors of fur industry, in order to inform unsuspecting citizens of the unimaginable amount of ...
5. Ban Snares Campaign (UK)
The Scottish Government is currently deciding whether or not to ban snares. We believe a ban in Scotland can – and should - lead the ...
Category: Actions You Can Take
6. Bill would ban the sale of animals at swap meets in Nevada
No more selling puppies, kittens, bunnies or any live animals at swap meets -- that's what animal welfare groups want from state lawmakers, and they're ...
7. Bowral rally reaffirms community's opposition to shooting in National Parks.
Over two hundred Southern Highlands and Illawarra residents have staged a protest in Bowral against the State Government's plan to allow amateur shooters into National ...
8. Breaking: New Ag-Gag Bill Introduced in North Carolina on Same Day Butterball Worker Pleads Guilty to Cruelty [GreenIsTheNewRed.com]
North Carolina is the latest state to consider a new law targeting whistleblowers, undercover investigators, and journalists who expose factory farms. The legislation was introduced ...
9. Calif. Bill to Thwart Animal Investigations Killed
After weeks of opposition from animal welfare advocates, labor groups and First Amendment experts, a California assembly member withdrew a bill that would limit undercover ...
10. California may change rules on mountain lions after several encounters
A proposed new policy would give wardens more discretion to use nonlethal methods in handling the encounters, according to a story published Saturday in the ...
11. Captive Animals’ Protection Society (CAPS)
Salford, M5 0DS, United Kingdom
The Captive Animals’ Protection Society (CAPS) is a UK-based charity leading the campaign to end the use of animals in entertainment.
Through a combination of undercover ...
12. Cat fight brewing over African serval pets
"They need space, a lot of exercise, they're a nocturnal, shy animal," he said. "We don't think they make good pets because they're basically being ...
13. Center for Animal Law Studies (CALS)
Portland, OR, USA
The Center for Animal Law Studies (CALS or the Center), in collaboration with the Animal Legal Defense Fund, is an animal law think tank and ...
Category: Educational Resources
14. City spay and microchip proposal draws strong opinions
About 50 people attended the meeting organized by the city and its Animal Welfare Advisory Board, which is formulating a spay-neuter and microchipping ordinance aimed ...
15. Court Dismisses Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act Lawsuit. Here’s How That Affects You. [GreenIsTheNewRed.com]
A U.S. district court has dismissed a lawsuit by animal rights activists that argued a federal law has put them at risk of being labeled ...
16. Democracy Now! Debate: After Activists Expose Animal Cruelty, Should They Be Targeted With “Ag-Gag” Laws? [GreenIsTheNewRed.com]
Democracy Now, the award-winning international news program with Amy Goodman, devoted its entire program today to “ag-gag” bills that criminalize undercover investigators who film animal ...
17. Endangered Species Coalition
Washington, DC, USA
The Endangered Species Coalition is a national network of hundreds of conservation, scientific, religious, sporting, outdoor recreation, business and community organizations working to protect our ...
18. European Coalition to End Animal Experiments
London, United Kingdom
The European Coalition to End Animal Experiments is Europe's leading alliance peacefully campaigning on behalf of laboratory animals. Formed in 1990 by animal organisations across ...
19. Excellent Illustrated Series on Grist: Big Ag Fights to Keep Out Troubled Eyes [GreenIsTheNewRed.com]
If you’re not already following Susie Cagle’s reporting over at Grist, you should be. Like — now. She has a fantastic new series of articles ...
20. Finally, MPs move to ban circuses from using exotic animals: Only horses, dogs and rabbits will be allowed
'We announced in March 2012 that it was our intention to ban the use of wild animals in travelling circuses and we are now working ...
Displaying 1 - 20 of 57
| Next Page